Wednesday, November 2, 2011

State Swimming in Gillette!

Our sweet Karolin qualified for and performed well at the State Swimming competition in Gillette this past weekend.  She took 10th at State in the 500 freestyle.  And their relay team (400 free) took 5th and got medals and State recognition! 



Ken and I stopped at Independence Rock in Casper, Wyoming on the way and climbed to the top!  It was my first time ever!  Ken and the children have climbed up many times, but I was either pregnant or watching a baby.  It was beautiful!  We also walked around the base and found some great headstones and memorials to those who had fallen along the way.

Ken and I had a great time.  Besides watching and cheering for Karolin and the other Red Devils, we played tennis on their indoor courts!  Amazing!  I am so wishing we had some of that awesomeness here.  It's a nice, long drive and a great time to talk and renew our friendship.  Thank goodness for State!

No comments:

Post a Comment